Address: Crewe Green Rd, Crewe, Cheshire CW1, 5DU, United kingdom
Crewe and Alsager College of Higher Educationhad a long story on its development. Through the First World War the college saw a decline in numbers of male staff and students as the war effort took precedence. In between wars, the college saw significant growth with a figure of 1100 students by 1929. The Cheshire College of Education was the result of higher aspirations for the college in 1965.
Beginning as a teacher Training College in 1947 the Alsager campus had inherited the structures of a wartime hostel. After much growth leading up to 1949 a consolidation took place and the college was made permanent under the Liverpool Institute of Education. Then, this college was renamed Cheshire County Training College, Alsager.
In the early 1960s, both colleges left the Liverpool Area Training Organization (ATO) and together with Madeley College formed the University of Keele ATO. Around 10 years later in 1974, after many discussions and a great deal of controversy between the two colleges, Crewe and Alsager amalgamated to become the Crewe and Alsager College of Higher Education.